cream puff testing, i have used MIB-Malaysian Institute of Baking’s recipe and also king arthur’s recipe. In a way, i prefer king arthur flour’s recipe which yields puff which is slightly more dry and crunchy with less eggy softness.
Gotta try the Kitchn technique on of these days
- Brush top of cream puff with egg wash before baking
- Oven preheated to 425 Fahrenheit – 218 Celcius
- Bake 12-15 minutes till the pastries look puffed, then lower to 375 Fahrenheit – 190 Celcius
- Bake another 18-20 minutes till the pastries are dry easily removed from parchment paper, lower again to 300 Fahrenheit – 149 Celcius
- Bake about 15 minutes to dry out the inner of cream puff